Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ummm lady this is called intimidation...

one thing that blows my mind is how the abuser is allowed to continue to abuse from behind bars...so far my ex already has an intimidation charge plus a violation of a restraining order for intimidation and yet my phone rings again and its the abusers family. I missed the call and I'm glad I did but I'm still left trembling in fear without even hearing her voice. To hear from her means she's heard from him and they have discussed me and the case. I know he wants her to reach out to me to either guilt me out of testifying or to convince me to take him back and make this go away. She knows my strong desire to make my family work. She knows me well because we were best friends for most of her son and I's relationship. As much as she didn't like the times I've had her son arrested for domestic she loves me because she knows I stood by him through drug addiction and obvious mental health issues. Speaking of mental health it's got to be hereditary too because his mother called back and like a sucker I answered. The last we spoke I was to blame for her son's suffering in jail. I expected her to be angry and have demands but instead she acted as if nothing was wrong. She wanted to know how her granbaby is and to check on me...really??? I must be crazy...no I'm just dealing with one dysfunctional family. Or maybe she intended on planting the seed in my head that everything could be okay and we could be a family again.  That seed I have to admit whether it was intentional  or not the seed was planted. Although I feel weak right now I am aware enough to recognize this is intimidation it's another form of abuse and mind control. It is a last minute, desperate attempt to lure me away from testifying. So they next time she calls what I really need to do is say Ummm lady this is called intimidation and violation of a protective order and you know that. Goodbye. Then I need to empower myself to enforce it by notifying the courts.

No comments:

Post a Comment